Friday 13 December 2013

(✎) Painting Research Assignment

Hello. I am back with a new assignment. The purpose of this assignment is to influence my artwork. Here we go:
 
Title: Battle of Lights
Artist : Joseph Stella (American, 1877–1946) 
Date: 1913-14? (dated on painting 1914 and 1915)
Medium: Oil on canvas mounted on cardboard
Dimensions: 20 1/4" (51.4 cm) in diameter

Statement: 
       This artwork matches my imagination on my dream when I was small. In my dream I was a tiny person. My size was almost like toys' size, but I kinda felt like an ant. That's why I chose this artwork as my influence. For me, the circle on the middle could represent the small hole that tiny animals usually live.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: New Haven, No. 1
Artist : John Walker (British, born 1939)
Date: 1976
Medium: Acrylic, chalk, and canvas on canvas
Dimensions: 7' 8 1/4" x 68 1/8" (233.7 x 172.7 cm)
Statement:
       For this artwork I don't really have anything to explain, but I just..... I don't know why but from my perspective this artwork can support my imagination in my dream. I like the textures and the contrast of this artwork which is yellow and blue......wow. They are kinda eye catching and interesting to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: That Is It
Artist : Alfred Jensen (American, 1903–1981)
Date: 1966
Medium: Oil on canvas
Dimensions: 42 x 36" (106.7 x 91.2 cm)
Statement:
       First of all, as I told you before........, in my dream I was a tiny person. And this artwork seems to create a proportion, rhythm, and movement that make the hole of a tiny person. And they lead my eyes to go inside it. More far, more small. More deep, more tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment