Thursday 19 September 2013

(✎)Profile Picture Assignment Part 2



So for the first part I just only posted the picture, but for this part I will to tell you how I created the picture. So here it is:


Hello, in this section I am going to tell you about how I created this profile picture using Adobe Photoshop. So first of all the profile picture that I took is actually my right side of my whole body and beside me there is a painted or graffiti wall, and I didn't even think that in my opinion it would look cool after I edited the picture.
So, for the editing part. First of all, I opened my picture in Photoshop and then I cropped my picture into square so, it only showed the half of my face and the wall. After I cropped it and then I actually applied a blur effect on my face so I thought that it would look anonymous. After I applied that, I was thinking that there were something that still missing. So I came up with the ideas to put more effects on it which is to apply a texture or filter on the picture, and some shading on the edges to make them look smooth in my opinion. After I applied filter/texture, then I was wondering about how do I make the edges look smooth or have more effects.  After a moment later, and then I came up to tried apply a border on the edges, which is using a square shape with no "fill". And for the colour, Because of the filter's/texture's colour is black and white so I chose the grey colour for the border to match the picture's filter/texture colour and to create a "balance" to the picture. After that I thought it looked good and fit nicely. After I applied the border and then I was thinking to apply more effects to the border which is by using the "Drop Shadow" option from the "Blending Options..." menu and played with it to make it fit and pleasing to the eye.  And after I applied that and checked how it looked, and then I thought it could create an "emphasis" to the picture, so I left it there so far.
For the last part which is the "CyberARTS" logo I just applied some effects on it which is using the menus from the "Blending options..." menu, and they were "Gradient Overlay" option and "Drop Shadow" option.
For the "Gradient Overlay" option, I just applied a "Neutral Density" type of gradient to match the picture's colours and then I set the scale of it as 51 to made the gradient looked smooth, and then I set the style as "Linear" and blend mode as "Normal", and set the angle to 90 degree. For the "Drop Shadows" option, I just set the angle to 120 degree to match the picture's shadows and lights, and then I set the distance to 5 and the size to 2 to avoid the shadow from too angled . And then for the last part I set the contour type to "Rounded Steps" to made it balanced.
         So, that's all, thanks for reading! and sorry If there are typos.


2 comments: